What is Krill Oil?
Krill oil is an extract gained from a species of Antarctic krill —Euphausia superba. This kind of oil contains high quantity of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA).
What is Omega-3, EPA and DHA?
Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are essential substances of great importance for human body functionalities, which, however, can’t be produced by the body itself. Although mammals are unable to synthesize omega-3 fatty acids, these essential substances can be obtained through diet. There are three types of omega-3 fatty acids involved in human physiology: ALA—alpha-linolenic acid, EPA—eicosapentaenoic acid, and DHA—docosahexaenoic acid. Common sources of ALA are plant oils and algal oils, while sources of EPA and DHA include primarily fish oils, egg oil, squid oils, and krill oil.
Good for the heart
Krill Vida has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids. The two fatty acids EPA and DHA contribute to normal heart function (at 3 capsules per day).
Krill Oil vs. Fish Oil
The main difference between krill oil and fish oil is in their omega-3 fatty acids carriers. Whereas the Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil are attached only to triglycerides, the majority of the Omega-3 fatty acids in krill oil bound to phospholipids. Unlike the highly hydrophobic triglycerides which do not mix with water at all, phospholipids are amphipathic, meaning these are both oil and water soluble. This unique property of phospholipids has significant effects on compatibility, digestion and absorption of omega-3 fatty acids within the body, and it leads to a superior bioavailability of krill oil over fish oil, as some studies* have proved.
Further differences between krill oil and fish oil are:
- the ratio between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids of krill oil is about 3 times higher than that of fish oil;
- Krill constitutes the beginning of the food chain, therefore the chance of a heavy metal accumulation, or any other toxics contamination in krill is very much unlikely;
Conversely to many fish species, krill is not threatened by overfishing. The krill population is estimated at approx. 500 million tonnes worldwide, no other animal species in the world is capable to proliferate more than krill. The global krill harvest saturated at about 200’000 tonnes annually, which makes up less than 0.1% of its population. Nevertheless, it is meaningful to only utilize krill from sustainable sources. The krill used in our Krill Vida comes from sustainable and controlled fishing.
* https://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12944-015-0015-4, Clinical Study Report. Bioavailability of fatty acids from krill oil, krill meal and fish oil in healthy subjects–a randomized, single-dose, cross-over trial
Krill Oil vs. Alpha-Linolenic Acids(ALA) out of Plant- and Algal Oil
The adult body usually can turn ALA out of plant oil or algal oil into EPA and DHA. According to this study though, not everybody is able to carry out this transformation. Therefore, it is quite reasonable for many of us to accommodate our body with omega-3 fatty acids via fish or krill.
What’s so special about the krill oil used in Krill Vida?
- MSC certification: there are only two MSC certified krill fisheries worldwide. Our krill supplier is one of them. In addition, our Krill Vida also bears the “Friend of the Sea” label.
- sustainable and controlled: our krill are caught by following the strict principles of CCAMLR—the organisation who is responsible for sustainable fishing in Antarctica. Every day the satellite will send new data about Antarctica’s main fishing area to the public authorities as well as to CCAMLR, so that the information we have is always accurate and up-to-date.
- with respect to nature: our krill-catch takes place only in certain months of the year, in which, for example, when the whales have finished breeding their young generations and no longer had to stay solely in Antarctica. In this way, our krill fishing will never be in competition with those wonderful animals such as whales.
- careful processing: our krill oil production happens immediately after the catch and proceeds as carefully as possible directly on board of the ship, in doing so we obtain all the substances unchanged.
- Fish gelatine: the capsule casings consist of fish gelatine.
Buy Krill Vida online now!
Buy Krill Vida online now! You will receive a product with high-quality raw materials and an optimized recipe, which is gently processed and controlled in Switzerland. Scientifically tested vital substances from kingnature!
Product information for Krill Vida Capsules
Krill Vida contains 120 capsules each with 590 mg pure krill oil. Net content 94 g. We use a capsule shell made of fish gelatine. Availablity – in Stock.
Krill Vida is also available at your pharmacy or drugstore (Pharmacode 6405264).
Note for allergy sufferers: Contains protein from crustaceans (Shell Fish). Not suitable for persons with crustacean allergy. In case of blood clotting disorder: Please take only after consultation with your doctor.
Nutritional values of Krill Vida
|for 3 capsules|
|for 1 capsules|
|Phospholipids||990 mg||330 mg|
|Omega-3-acid||477 mg||159 mg|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)||267 mg||89 mg|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)||123 mg||41 mg|
Take 3 capsules daily, preferably shortly before high-fat main meals.
Nutritional supplements are no substitute for a varied, balanced diet, fresh fruit and vegetables and a healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool, dry place and out of reach of children. Do not exceed the recommended intake.
Datasheet of Krill Vida
You can find all product information in the Datasheet Krill Vida.
Buy Krill Vida online now!
لا توجد مراجعات بعد.