Omega-3 fatty acids: Good for your heart
If you want to buy omega-3 fatty acids, Krill Vida will provide you with high quality capsules with krill oil. The omega-3 fatty acids contained are good for your heart, brain and eyes. Krill is sustainably fished and comes from Antarctic waters, which are among the cleanest on earth.
Advantages of Krill Vida
- Natural product with essential nutrients that support your heart.
- Concentrated krill oil = desirable ingredients are retained, undesirable ones are removed.
- A bit water soluble = far reaching consequences for the compatibility, digestion and absorption of the oil.
- Traceability of each batch to the exact catch location in Antarctica.
- Sustainable fishing methods without by-catch.
- Gentle processing directly on the ship.
- Good for your heart: Krill Vida contains the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. These contribute to normal heart function.
- With phospholipids: They are a component of all cell membranes. The omega-3 fatty acids in krill oil are bound to them. This guarantees an optimized delivery of EPA and DHA.
- Good for the liver: The choline in krill oil helps maintain liver function.
- The omega-3 fatty acids are naturally preserved by the astaxanthin contained.
What customers say
Omega-3 fatty acids: EPA and DHA
Krill oil is obtained from Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba). It contains remarkable amounts of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. These are unsaturated fatty acids that are essential for the human body, i.e. they cannot be produced by the body itself. In the past, these fatty acids were also referred to as vitamin F. Omega-3 fatty acids are mainly found in algae, plants, fish or krill. Algae and plants contain the omega-3 acids mainly in the form of α-linolenic acid, while in oily fish and krill they are mainly present as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These are good for the heart and brain: they contribute to normal heart function and the maintenance of normal brain function.
Good for the heart, brain and eyes
- DHA and EPA contribute to normal heart function.
- DHA and EPA contribute to normal blood pressure.
- DHA and EPA contribute to normal blood triglyceride levels.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision.
- DHA contributes to normal brain development in the fetus and infant.
- DHA contributes to normal eye development in the fetus and infant.
- Choline contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Choline contributes to normal lipid metabolism.
- Choline contributes to the maintenance of normal liver function.
1-2 capsules daily support your heart and that of your loved ones. Give it a try! And read more about how krill oil supports your heart health.
Impressive contribution to heart health
- New research* shows: The omega-3 fatty acids and phospholipids in Krill Vida support heart health.
- Krill Vida thus supports 2 markers of heart health: omega-3 fatty acids and triglyceride levels.
* Mozaffarian D, Maki KC, Bays HE, et al.: Effectiveness of a Novel Omega-3 Krill Oil Agent in Patients With Severe Hypertriglyceridemia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;5(1):e2141898. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.41898
Differences from Krill-Oil and Fish-Oil
|Pure, natural Krill Oil directly from Antarctic waters||From different fish species and sources|
|Omega-3 fatty acids are bound to phospholipids||Omega-3 fatty acids are bound to triglycerides|
|Mixes with water||Does not mix with water|
- In fish oil, the omega-3 fatty acids are bound to triglycerides and are therefore fat-soluble. In krill oil, the omega-3 fatty acids are bound to phospholipids. They are therefore to some extent also water-soluble. This has far-reaching consequences for the compatibility, digestion and absorption of the oil.
- Studies* show that krill oil is better absorbed by the body than fish oil.
- The ratio between omega-3 acids and omega-6 acids is 3 times higher in krill oil than in fish oil.
- Krill is at the top of the food chain. This makes the accumulation of heavy metals and other toxins in the animals’ bodies much less likely, unlike fish further up the food chain.
- Unlike fish, krill are not at risk of overfishing. The krill stock is estimated to be around 500 million tons. No other animal species in the world produces more mass than krill. A maximum of 0.5% of the stock is fished worldwide.
- Nevertheless, it is important to use only krill from sustainable sources. The krill contained in Krill Vida comes from sustainable and controlled catches.
* https://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12944-015-0015-4, Clinical Study Report. Bioavailability of fatty acids from krill oil, krill meal and fish oil in healthy subjects–a randomized, single-dose, cross-over trial
Differences of Krill Oil and linolenic acid from plants.
The adult body can partially convert α-linolenic acid found in plants to EPA and DHA, but only in small amounts. Only about 10% of alpha-linolenic acid is converted to EPA and DHA at all. Therefore, it can be useful to take omega-3 fatty acids in the form of krill or fish oil.
Krill Vida: sustainable, gentle and high quality
|MSC certification guarantees that the krill is fished using sustainable methods and is traceable throughout the supply chain. We know from every single capsule where the krill it contains has been fished. This traceability ensures maximum transparency.||For the fifth year in a row, “our” Antarctic krill fishery has received an “A rating” from the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) for its well-managed fishery. The independent report states that fish stocks are in very good condition and the Atlantic Southern Ocean krill fishery is highlighted as being particularly well managed.||Eco-harvesting is a technology to fish for krill in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way. The trawl is constantly submerged and the krill gently enter the vessel through a special hose, reducing the risk of bycatch of other species to almost zero.|
- Sustainable: The krill is fished according to the strict principles of CAMLR. This organization is responsible for sustainable krill fishing in the Antarctic. In the process, catch data is transmitted daily by satellite to the authorities and CAMLR. The Antarctic krill fishery only operates in a small area for which CAMLR has set a catch quota of only 1% of the total biomass (by comparison, for fishing, a catch quota of 10% is considered sustainable).
- With respect to nature: krill is caught in those months when, for example, whales have finished rearing their young and are no longer only in the Antarctic. Krill fishing is therefore not in competition with these beautiful animals. No trawl nets are used, which destroy the seabed.
- Gentle processing: Our krill oil is processed immediately after the catch and as gently as possible directly on the ship to preserve the ingredients unchanged.
- Capsule shell made of fish gelatin: The capsules of Krill Vida are made of fish gelatin instead of the otherwise common bovine gelatin.
More Omega-3 products
Buy Omega-3 fatty acids in Krill Oil capsules online now!
Buy omega-3 fatty acids in krill oil capsules online now! You get a product with high-quality raw materials and an optimized recipe, gently processed and controlled in Switzerland. Scientifically tested vital substances from kingnature!
Product information for Krill Vida Capsules
Krill Vida contains 120 capsules with 590 mg each of pure krill oil. Net content 94 g. We use a capsule shell made of fish gelatin. Available from stock.
Concentrated Krill Oil
The krill oil in Krill Vida is concentrated. Desirable ingredients such as the phospholipids are increased, undesirable ones such as various salts are removed.
Note for allergy sufferers: Contains protein from crustaceans (Shell Fish).
Not suitable for persons with crustacean allergy. In case of blood clotting disorder: Please take only after consultation with your doctor.
Krill Vida is also available at your pharmacy or drugstore (Pharmacode 6405264).
Nutritional values of Krill Vida
What contains 2000mg EPA/DHA?
Take 3 capsules daily, preferably shortly before high-fat main meals.
We know from every single capsule where the krill it contains has been fished. This traceability guarantees maximum transparency and sustainability. Simply enter the tracking number on this website. Current tracking number: A101748.
Nutritional supplements are no substitute for a varied, balanced diet, fresh fruit and vegetables and a healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool, dry place and out of reach of children. Do not exceed the recommended intake.
Datasheet of Krill Vida
You can find all product information in the Datasheet Krill Vida.
Buy Krill Vida online now!
There are no reviews yet.